- Q and A
|Total weight||Rider capacity||Heaviest piece||Max distance per charge||Turning radius|
|123 lbs||325 lbs||43 lbs||15 miles||55"|
The Spitfire Scout 4 DST Scooter from Drive Medical is the biggest little power scooter around. Make your scooter red or blue- we include both sets of color panels.
What's the difference between the Scout 4 DST and the Scout?
• Dynamic Suspension Technology (DST) which features front and rear suspension coils for the most comfortable ride on all terrain
• 20 AH battery pack delivers 15 miles of range between charges.
• LED headlight for driving in dimly lit areas
• 1" wider seat with thicker cushioning on the seat and armrests.
• A second battery charge port on the steering column for easy accessibility.
• Quick and easy disassembly- heaviest piece weighs 43 lbs.
• Interchangeable color panels hide scuffs and scratches
• Height-adjustable swivel seat with fold-down backrest; Armrests are padded and adjustable
• Comes with large plastic carry basket
• Delta tiller is easy to adjust; Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation
• Quick connect batteries
• Flat-free, non-marking tires with anti-tip wheels
What comes in the box:• Scooter body (front end and drive train)
• Seat post
• Arms, left and right
• Hardware: knobs that fasten arms in place, hex nut, bolt and washers to fasten seat post in place
• Color panels, red and blue
• Keys (2)
• Battery pack
• Battery charger
• Instruction / operators manual
|Weight capacity||325 lbs|
|Top speed||4.25 mph|
|Maximum range||15 miles|
|Climbing angle||6 degrees|
|Dimensions||42.5" x 21.5"|
|Floor-to-seat height||17" - 19"|
|Seat dimensons||17.5" x16"|
|Motor||24V x 270W x 4700 rpm|
|Batteries (pair)||12V x 20AH|
|Wheels||8" x 2" flat-free|
|Base weight||70 lbs|
|Seat weight||23 lbs|
|Total weight||97 lbs|
|Heaviest piece weight||43 lbs (front section)|
Warranty:Drive Medical warrants this scooter as follows:
• The frame for life
• Electronics, drive train and mechanical parts for 24 months
• Battery for 12 months
The warranty does not include plastic trim, upholstery and tires. Service is performed through their nationwide network of servicers. VidaCura makes a five year extended warranty available at additional charge for this scooter that even includes the batteries. Click here to learn more.
Learn more with this videoNote: Video features the standard Scout scooter- does not show suspension, deluxe seat, etc., included with the Scout DST.
Your scooter will have been thoroughly tested before we send it to you. But we want you to know that scooters are not a returnable item, so please review the features and specifications carefully. You'll find it all above and on the "Learn More" tab so you can confirm that it's right for you or your loved-one and that they can operate it safely. If you are buying this item for someone else, please discuss it with them first to make sure it's something they would truly welcome and enjoy.